Chicken and Broccoli Pasta in Sherry Cream Sauce is classy enough for company and easy enough for a weeknight. Everyone will love this creamy dish!
I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. I love it because it’s beautiful. The trees are changing color, the days are mild and the nights are cool. It’s the perfect time to be outside. The perfect time… unless you have allergies. And everyone in my family has allergies. Sniffing and coughing usually drown out the sounds of the Autumn breeze rustling the leaves on the trees. Sinus headaches and runny noses are sometimes enough to put a damper on any fun outdoor activity.
Dressing your kids for this weather is tough too. How do you dress kids for a 40 degree shift in temperatures? Layers are obviously the answer, but try to explain to a 4 year old exactly how many layers they can take off. What you end up with is a couple of kids running around without a shirt on by the end of the afternoon.
Making dinner is just as confusing. My heart gets set on soup at 6 in the morning when its 40 degrees outside, but by 4PM it’s way too hot for it. So, what do cook for the weird weather days of Autumn? My answer is Chicken and Broccoli Pasta in Sherry Cream Sauce. I have really been on this creamy dish kick for the last couple of weeks now. This one is just hearty enough to satisfy that I-want-it-to-be-cold-outside urge without causing your diners to break out in a sweat.
Looking for more quick dinner meals like this one? Check out these super fast and delicious meals!
- Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- Easy Cheesy Sausage Skillet
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Spring Parmesan Pasta
Note: Nutritional info does not include egg noodles
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 T sherry or white wine
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of light cream or half and half
- salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Slice chicken into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until they are very soft, 5-7 minutes. Add mushrooms and broccoli to the pan and continue to cook until the broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir often. Remove veggies from pan.
- Add the chicken to the hot skillet and cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Pour the sherry and lemon juice into the pan and scrap up any bits stuck to the bottom. Add the cream and stir. Add the chicken and veggies back to the pan and reheat.
- Serve over hot noodles and top with grated Parmesan.