This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a (very) small amount of money if you click on or purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on, but rest assured we do not link to products that we do not personally use and recommend.
Easy, cheesy and delicious this Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake is a great family weeknight meal. Even the leftovers are delicious. Grab a rotisserie chicken from the store to make this meal even faster!
I find it ironic that, for me, stepping outside of my culinary comfort zone means making a casserole. As a child of the 80’s, I should be well-versed in the magic of the 9×13 baking dish. I blame my daughter. She has always been the one in the family who is adamant that her food doesn’t touch.
While the list of foods that she will willingly eat is pretty long, the fashion in which they can be presented is very short. This is the child that eats a plain bologna sandwich (no mayo, no cheese – just bread and meat) or will only eat her eggs hard-boiled or in quiche form (not scrambled, not fried, not an omelet), so it comes as no surprise that the word “casserole” has her rolling her eyes and then looking at me like I just told her we are having liver and onions for dinner.
Maybe I should just serve her liver and onions and then a casserole wouldn’t sound so bad.
In any case, her simplified preference for her dinner has dictated the scarcity of casseroles in our life. Recently, I have come to the decision that I will no longer let that stop me.
Casseroles are, by design, easy to make and often delicious to eat. There have been some in our past that where less than successful, but I have found that if I embrace the creamy sauce makers like cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream, I will often come out with a satisfying result.
Not to mention that throwing leftovers in an unctuous sauce and topping with copious amounts of cheese is an excellent way to reinvent last night’s chicken dinner.
My daughter should have liked this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bake. It has all her favorite things in it; chicken, cheese, bacon, broccoli – but she refused to try it. Therefore, you’ll just have to take my word for it, this is a top-notch casserole. There are no starches in this dish, but I prefer my starches on the side (much easier to control that way). I’ve been packing this one for lunch all week along with a little side salad. My daughter has been having plain bologna sandwiches. I think I win.
P.S. This casserole is great if you are on a low-carb or keto diet!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 3 cups broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 5 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, Parmesan, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Fold in the chicken, broccoli and bacon until the ingredients are coated with the cheese mixture. Spread into the prepared baking dish and top with the shredded cheddar. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the broccoli is tender. Serve with a salad.