Sink your teeth into the delicious grilled buttermilk chicken quarters recipe.
Learn how to cook chicken soaked in buttermilk with this easy.
You can’t go wrong with this simple chicken recipe with buttermilk marinade.
Yummy oven baked chicken recipe the whole family will love.
Tender and juicy buttermilk chicken for dinner or party.
Serve with your favorite sides: biscuits, mac and cheese, baked beans, cornbread, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, vegetables or corn on the cob – to name a few.
You will want to make this amazing grilled buttermilk chicken quarters recipe today!
Does buttermilk chicken marinade overnight?
Well yes you can – we say marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. It’s really about what kind of time you have. If you can give it 24 hours that is the best – we find!
Check out these other
How to make buttermilk marinade
follow this easy recipe to make the best chicken that kids and adults will love.
- 4 pound whole chicken , cut into 6 pieces (leg quarters, breasts, wings)
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- Remove the backbone from the chicken, discard and place the whole chicken in a zip top bag.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and buttermilk and pour over the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning onto the chicken.
- Roast until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees (about an hour). Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Do Not Forget To Pin! So you can come back and make this tasty Buttermilk Chicken recipe!