This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a (very) small amount of money if you click on or purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on, but rest assured we do not link to products that we do not personally use and recommend.
Super easy and extra delicious, this Keto Cheesy Bacon Chicken will be your new go-to weeknight dinner!
There are a lot of struggles to overcome in a Keto diet, but making a keto friendly chicken dinner is not one of them. Any kind of protein on a low carb or keto diet fits in pretty easily and also happens to often be very kid-friendly.
For example, this cheesy bacon baked chicken breast recipe has everything you could want in a dinner. It’s got cheese and bacon…and a little more cheese….and chicken! Ta daaa! Super simple, tasty keto dinner.
How to Make Keto Cream Cheese Chicken
The hardest part of this whole recipe is the cream cheese. And I mean hard because it’s been living in the fridge since you came home from the store.
Pop the cream cheese in a microwave safe dish and zap it for 30-40 seconds so that it’s nice and soft. That makes it super easy to spread.
If you don’t have shredded cheddar, any grated cheese will do. Chicken and bacon go with just about everything.
If you can find grated Swiss cheese, that would be super yummy!
What to serve with Keto Chicken
So, to keep your whole meal keto friendly, I’m going to recommend that you serve this up with some steamed broccoli or sauteed zucchini.
Throw a potato in the microwave for the kids if you must, but keep this weeknight dinner simple and stress free.
More Keto Recipes
I made a Spinach & Artichoke variation on this recipe! If you love spinach artichoke dip, you will love this one!
If you are looking for more delicious keto recipes, check out our Keto section of this blog!
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast in half horizontally, so that you have 6 cutlets. Place the cutlets in a single layer in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion flakes. Spread the cream cheese into a layer over each chicken breast (this is easier if the cream cheese has been microwaved for about 30 seconds). Top with the bacon then cover with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees. Serve and enjoy!