I should make more chicken wings than I do. My son can eat his weight daily in the little finger foods and they do fit nicely into my keto diet. It would be a great idea to just have these Easy Baked Dry Rub Chicken Wings ready to go at all times in the fridge. Maybe if I did he would lay off the cookies and ice cream and potato chips. Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking. The kid has literally grown an inch in the last 4 weeks. Pretty soon there won’t be any food left in the house at all.
When it comes to making chicken wings at home, I want them to be easy. I do love the deep fried and tossed in buffalo sauce classic, but I don’t enjoy the mess that it creates. Roasting wings in the oven is the easiest way to go and the amount that you can make at one time is only limited by the size of your oven. The trick to crispy all the way around wings, is to put them on a grate so that the hot oven air can circulate all the way around. A little bit of cornstarch helps, too. And even though they are tiny, chicken wings are a tough part of the bird so they require a much longer cook time than you would think, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t easy to make. You don’t have to use this dry rub recipe, you could use any seasoning blend you have lying around. Ones with a little bit of sugar will brown up the best. Make a big batch of these Easy Baked Dry Rub Chicken Wings for your next get together or just to have at the ready for snacking.
More Chicken Wing Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? I would love for you to leave a rating in the comment section below! It helps more people find our recipes! Thank you!
Dry Rub Chicken Wings
Excellent and super easy, these keto-friendly chicken wings are perfect for parties and get togethers and make a great snack to have on hand.
Nutrition info does not include the barbecue sauce for dipping.
- 1 ½ t. smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne optional
- Pinch allspice
- Pinch ginger
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 pounds chicken wings separated into wings and drums
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup barbeque sauce for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (if you have a convection oven, now is a great time to use it). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then top with a grate.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients through the cornstarch and mix until well combined. Add the chicken wings to a large bowl. Sprinkle over the dry rub and the olive oil and toss with your hands until everything is coated evenly in the spice mixture.
- Lay the wings out on the grate in an even layer trying to keep the wings from touching one another. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove to a platter and serve with barbeque sauce on the side for dipping.