This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a (very) small amount of money if you click on or purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on, but rest assured we do not link to products that we do not personally use and recommend.
You know what my favorite aisle in the grocery store is? Nope, not cookies (that’s my 2nd favorite). The Specialty Cheese aisle. Do I ever buy anything in the specialty cheese aisle? Umm…not really. Unless of course they have something there on manager’s special or on a really good weekly special! This week it was feta cheese. It seems no one else is springing for the high priced stuff so there was a box or two on Manager’s Special and I was so excited. I’m not sure what it says about my life when I get excited over old cheese, but whatever, I’m going with it.
So anyway, I’m on a cheese binge this week. I have some goat cheese I splurged on at the farmer’s market and I made the broccoli dish with it. This broccoli dish might be the best reason to eat broccoli ever! I have scored a couple bottles of roasted red bell peppers and kalamata olives in the discontinued item bin at the store and I am putting them to good use.
The feta chicken is totally awesome too! I mean who doesn’t love cheese on their chicken?!
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat chicken with oil and arrange skin side up on a roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Top each piece with a piece of butter.
- Cook chicken until just done (165 degrees), about 30 minutes for breasts and 40 minutes for leg quarters. Remove from oven, and top chicken pieces with feta. Press the cheese into chicken to make sure it stays and then baste the chicken with any pan juices.
- Heat the broiler. Broil the chicken until the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 t. dried marjoram
- 1 T lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add garlic and broccoli and saute for 10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Stir in peppers, olives, marjoram, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.