I’ve been so busy lately. The catering business is starting to pick up, the winery is getting busy, and my kids are really getting into their extracurricular activities ( Remind me to do a post about the awesomeness of taekwondo for my son).
For that reason I have been turning down a lot of products and promotions for this blog. I just feel like I may not have time to really do the product justice, ya know? So when I got an email from Barhyte foods for a new Saucy Mama “Skinny Mama” contest, I nearly passed it up. But then I remembered the last time I did a Saucy Mama contest and how much fun it was to create a recipe around a new product! (Getting my hands on some more superb Saucy Mama products didn’t hurt either) So, I joined in the contest and put my thinking cap on.
The contest is all about healthy cooking. The recipes that are submitted have to follow some nationally recognized diet ( i.e. Atkins or low-cal) By the time I got my box of delicious mustards in I had some ideas floating around in the ol’ noodle that I was dying to try. I tried a few different things. I did some potato skewers, some baked breaded chicken strips, a pretty yummy salad, but I wasn’t blown away by anything I was coming up with. Then I thought, ” What do I like mustard on? Sausage. What goes with sausage? Peppers and Onions, of course! And potatoes! Why not! With some kind of mustardy sauce! Perfect!”
I get very excited when I talk to myself, obviously.
So, I hit the kitchen and got to work and you know what? It came out really dang good. And the kids even ate it! And it’s only about 320 calories for a serving! Sweet!
The only thing left for me to do is enter this recipe in the contest. The only thing left for you to do is make this dish, vote for me, and enter the giveaway for some of your very own Saucy Mama mustard.
Comment here ( make sure to fill out your email so that I can get in touch with you if you win) telling us your favorite healthy tip!
Facebook followers who share this link get extra entries! ( Just comment here again to let me know)
Giveaway ends March 11th!
- 3 T Saucy Mama's Smoky Garlic mustard or dijon
- 3 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T chopped scallion tops
- 1/2 t . pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey sausage, potatoes, pepper, onion and garlic to the pan. Saute, stirring often until veggies are soft and potatoes and sausage have browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in half of mustard sauce and toss to combine with the sausage mixture. Add water to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve in 4 bowls and top each dish with remaining mustard sauce. Garnish with more scallions. Serves 4.
- About 320 calories per serving.