This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a (very) small amount of money if you click on or purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on, but rest assured we do not link to products that we do not personally use and recommend.
Raspberry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette is a civilized salad with all of the healthy things your Mom would love for you to eat; fruits, nuts and greens.
I realize that it has been many many months since I have posted any new recipes on this site. What can I say? Life is crazy! I have been cooking and writing though. You can find my recipes every week at DicksonHerald.com. I am going to try to post past articles here, too. Y’all enjoy and I’ll see you around!
Where would we be without Mom? I’ll tell you where we would be. We would be sprawled out on the couch wearing the same shirt we had on last week while eating a bag of Cheetos. We wouldn’t sit up straight, our elbows would be on the table, we wouldn’t remember our manners, in short, we would be uncivilized savages. It is a large part of a mother’s job to make sure that when she finally sends her children out into the big, wide world they will be a good representation of all of her hard work.
My mother in particular taught my brother and I to not only mind our manners, but also to work hard and finish what we started. Those lessons have taken us far in life. She also tried to teach us to quit picking on each other and to not be a smart-aleck, but those lessons did not take near as well.
So, as an ode to the civilization that Moms everywhere teach their children, I give you a civilized salad. It’s got everything; greens, fruit, nuts, avocado, and a very tasty dressing. It’s a favorite in our household (even if the kids just pick the fruit out to eat) and any Mom would be happy to eat this alongside her box of chocolates that I am sure you also got her (you did get her something, right?). Now go wash your face and hands and tell Mom how much you appreciate her.
- 3 cups assorted spring lettuce
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- 1 cup halved seeded red grapes
- ½ avocado cubed
- 1 t . lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1 T honey
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- ¼ - 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash and spin dry your lettuce very well and place in a large serving bowl. In a small bowl, toss the avocado with the lemon juice to prevent browning. Add the avocado to the salad along with the raspberries, grapes and almonds.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, mash the raspberries until they have the consistency of applesauce. Pour into a Mason jar. To the jar add the remaining ingredients and screw on the lid. Shake vigorously until all of the ingredients are emulsified and well combined. Pour over the salad and enjoy!
- Tip: Salad for lunch? Add some fresh grilled chicken breast and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it a whole meal!