This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a (very) small amount of money if you click on or purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on, but rest assured we do not link to products that we do not personally use and recommend.
January means three things to me; it’s cold, I have a birthday, and it’s diet season. I always diet in January. It’s the easiest time of year to try to lose a few pounds because everyone else is also trying to get rid of the holiday love handles. This year is a little different because I actually started last month (because I love to torture myself and be surrounded by things I can’t eat while dieting). So far, I’ve managed to stay pretty true to the low carb/keto diet I’ve decided to try out.
The biggest hurdle so far hasn’t been the lack of sweets (I’m not much of a sweets eater anyway) but the lack of bread. No breadcrumbs for meatballs, no bread for sandwiches, no cornbread with my chili! It’s been a struggle, so I’ve done quite a bit of research on ways around some of these struggles and what I have found is almond flour.
Almond flour has been around the paleo/gluten free community for a long time and it’s not a terrible substitute for the breadyness missing in my life right now. It’s also easy to find and easy to work with, so when I wanted to make a quiche to make my life easier, almond flour was there to allow me to have my cake (er..pie crust) and eat it too.
I know I’m not the only low carb dieter out there, so for all of you who are on this bandwagon with me go find some almond flour and make yourself a Low Carb/Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche! Added bonus is that your family will love it, too.
Here’s a step-by=step video of how to make this recipe!
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 T parsley flakes
- 2 cups broccoli blanched
- 5 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a food processor, combine all of the pie crust ingredients and pulse until a ball forms. Dump the dough into a greased pie tin and press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides. Poke holes with a fork all over the pie crust and then bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, beat the eggs, cream and seasoning together and set aside. Line the pie crust with an even layer of broccoli, then bacon and top with cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the top, making sure the egg is evenly distributed. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center of the quiche is just set. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving!
- Tip: Make this ahead of time for an easy breakfast or lunch!