Tartar sauce is a condiment made from a variety of ingredients. The main purpose of tarter sauce is to enhance the flavor of food. This type of sauce is often used as a dip for fried foods such as fish and french fries.
Once you’ve tried tartar sauce, it’s really hard to resist it. The creamy, yet slightly acidic, sauce really brings out the flavor in whatever it’s paired with. Whether you’re dipping fish into it, using it as a sandwich spread, or just eating it straight up with a spoon, tartar sauce is always a good choice.
Why You’ll Love Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipe
- You can have your very own tartar sauce at home without having to run to the store. Homemade tartar sauce recipe is where it’s at!
- The flavor is much fresher than store-bought tartar sauce. Homemade tartar sauce is also very versatile.
- You can add your own favorite flavors to create a unique sauce that is perfect for your taste buds.
- Tartar sauce is a simple condiment to make and only requires a few ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry.
Tips for Making Your Own Tartar Sauce
- The key to making a great tartar sauce is to use high-quality ingredients.
- Another tip is to let the sauce sit for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- This will give the tarter sauce a chance to reach its full flavor potential.
How to Store
Fridge: Store your tartar sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Freezer: You can also freeze your tartar sauce for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
What to Serve with Tartar Sauce
Tartar sauce is most commonly served with fried fish or french fries. It can also be used as a sandwich spread or dip for other appetizers. Try it with these recipes:
- Fried Fish
- French Fries
- Fish Sticks
- Crab Cakes
How to Make Tarter Sauce
In a medium-sized bowl,
combine all ingredients and stir until combined.
Garnish with fresh dill
and store in a sealed container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Homemade Tartar Sauce FAQs
What do I need to make homemade tarter sauce?
The list of ingredients is listed on the recipe card below. The base ingredients include olive oil mayo, plain yogurt, and horseradish sauce.
How long does homemade tartar sauce last?
Homemade tartar sauce will last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Is tartar sauce healthy?
Like many condiments, tartar sauce is high in fat and calories. However, it does have some health benefits. Tartar sauce is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for heart health. It also contains probiotics which can promote a healthy gut.
How do I use tarter sauce?
There are many ways to enjoy tartar sauce. It is often used as a dip for fried foods such as fish and french fries. It can also be used as a spread on sandwiches or wraps. You can even use it as a dressing for salads. Get creative and see what other ways you can enjoy this delicious sauce.
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe for tartar sauce, look no further. This homemade tartar sauce comes together in just minutes and only requires a few simple ingredients. The end result is a flavorful and versatile condiment that you will love. Give this old fashioned tartar sauce recipe a try!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT ?
? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE
- ¾ cup olive oil mayo
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 1 Tbsp dill pickles finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp agave
- ½ tsp fresh dill
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sprig of fresh dill for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until combined.
- Garnish with fresh dill and store in a sealed container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Do Not Forget To Pin! So you can come back and make this tasty Tarter Sauce recipe!
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Twoluckyspoons are allergen-free, sugar free, gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, Weight Watcher friendly, Keto friendly or Vegetarian friendly for example. Twoluckyspoons assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, nutrition, points, opinions or comments on this site. Even though nutritional information is given it is the readers responsibility to calculate points, net carbs & nutritional information. Twoluckyspoons holds no responsibility for calculations.