Happy Cinco de Mayo! I hope everyone is having tacos for dinner tonight to celebrate! I also hope that there is a margarita in your near future. I know that there is with me!
Me and Jose are like this*.
Well, we used to be. He’s not as nice to me as he used to be.
In honor of Cinco de Mayo here is a seriously kick butt recipe for Salsa Verde. I made it myself. I was trying to recreate the salsa verde I got at a farmer’s market last week and I think I hit the nail on the head.
Salsa Verde. Good on:
Well, maybe not those last two things, but the rest for sure!
Try not to eat it all in one sitting!
1/2 cup cilantro
3-5 tomatillos ( 3 big ones or 5 small ones)
one small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 serrano peppers, seeded and stemmed
2 t. sugar
1 t. salt
Peel and halve tomatillos.
Put them cut side down on a baking sheet
and place under a broiler for about 5 minutes.
Place all ingredients in a food processor
Chill in the fridge before serving.
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3-5 to tomatillos 3 big ones or 5 small ones
- one small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 serrano peppers seeded and stemmed
- 1 avocado
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- Peel and halve tomatillos.
- Put them cut side down on a baking sheet and place under a broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor
- and puree.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.