Don’t you just love an easy summery, pasta dish? Something you can throw together in a flash and it taste delicious? Me too!
This super simple chicken and zucchini pasta is just one of those meals.
You can even make this with leftover cooked chicken if you’ve got some lying around.
If you don’t have Herbes de Provence, feel free to substitute Italian Seasoning instead.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 yellow squash sliced
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 Tablespoon fresh
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz. Hot cooked egg noodles
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Toss sliced chicken with 2 T oil and Herbes de Provence salt and pepper.
- Saute in pan until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Add squash and zucchini to the pan and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add in garlic and dried basil ( wait until the end to add fresh basiand saute for 1 minute. Add in tomatoes and capers. Reduce heat and add chicken back in to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.