Autumn Chicken and Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner has chicken, italian sausage, brussels sprouts, red onion and sweet potatoes in a yummy marinade.
This sheet pan dinner has something for everyone in it!
Savory chicken, hearty sausage and perfectly roasted veggies make for a complete and fuss free family dinner option that works well for busy school nights, or anytime that you want a little variety with your dinner.
Sheet pan meals are always a favorite fast food solution for my family.
They require very little preparation and they cook together in one dish. Plus, clean up is a breeze, which is always a welcome relief after a long day at work.
You can have this dish on the table in just about 30 minutes; making it perfect for busy families.
If you have time to prep the marinade and chicken in the morning, that is great as the chicken can soak in the fridge for a few hours until you are ready to cook.
Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are the perfect partners to mix into this sheet pan meal for a really filling and healthy option.
The first time I met my husband’s niece she was a gangly 12 year old doing cartwheels in the yard. Already tall and beautiful, the sweet little girl was a joy to be around. Now, 13 years later, that little skinny tween has grown into an elegant woman and will be walking down the aisle to officially begin a new life and family of her own. She is the first of the newest generation to take marriage vows in our family and it’s making my head spin at how fast life moves.
My husband and I were the last of the last generation to marry off. I remember being a young wife in our new home completely elated with all of the possibilities that lay before us. We were so eager to do all the little “firsts” that newlyweds do. The trips and pets and apartments. The first meals and furniture shopping and even the first fights and forgivenesses. It was all exciting to us.
I can recall being a little baffled by what to cook for dinner every night, too. We had made dinner for each other before, but after you’ve worn out your handful of “date night dinners” you are forced to make something else and preferably something cheap and easy. I honed my kitchen skills in those first married years and I can’t help but hope that our newly married niece will do the same.
A simple sheet pan dinner is something I wish was on my radar as a newlywed. It would have saved so many dirty dishes. This easy Autumn Chicken and Sausage Sheet Pan dinner ticks all the boxes for cheap and easy. It also tastes as good as it looks and is sure to impress any new spouse.
When it comes to sheet pans I strongly recommend you get the commercial half sheet pans for your kitchen. The flimsy, dark pans that come with your cooking set are not good for anything. I like the heavy duty ones like this.(affiliate link) You can pick them up at any restaurant supply store or of course Amazon (affiliate link).
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved
- 1 medium red onion sliced into wedges
- ¼ cup bacon drippings or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5 sweet Italian sausage links
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and onion with the bacon drippings, marjoram, honey and salt and pepper in a large bowl and transfer to a rimmed backing sheet. Top with Italian sausages (poke a couple holes in them with a knife) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the chicken marinade ingredients and coat the tenderloins with it. Set aside.
- Give the veggies a stir and flip the sausage. Add the chicken tenderloins on top of the veggies and return to the oven. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the chicken has reached 165 degrees and the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts are fork tender.
- Serve and enjoy!