This post may contain affiliate links. We may make a (very) small amount of money if you click on or purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. This helps keep the lights on, but rest assured we do not link to products that we do not personally use and recommend.
Sausage and White Bean Soup is an easy dinner for cool nights! Packed with creamy white beans and hearty smoked sausage, this meal is sure to please just about everyone.
When the weather turns chilly, nothing warms you up like a hearty bowl of soup. Sometimes though, soup can be an all day affair, but this Sausage and White Bean Soup is not only filling and delicious but also super fast to make.
I love this soup because it has all of my favorite things in it. White beans and smoked sausage are basically something I could eat every day. Pile on a load of fresh Parmesan and I’m pretty much in heaven.
Greens for Soup
I’ve used fresh spinach in this recipe, but you could easily use frozen spinach, or sauteed kale or escarole as a substitute. Swiss chard would be delicious here too. Any bitter green will be a nice contrast to all of those earthy flavors going on in this bowl of goodness.
What to Serve with Sausage & White Bean Soup
You could also serve this with a delicious pressed sandwich if you are really hungry.
This sausage and white bean soup is perfect for reheating the next day. Nothing difficult about it, just pop it in the microwave and heat until hot all the way through!
This soup freezes well, too. Just hold off on the Parmesan until you are ready to serve. I love freezing in Delitainers. They are heavier duty and make storing things like soup so much easier.
I hope you give this easy, hearty soup a try!
- 2 T . olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 7 oz . diced smoked turkey sausage
- 1 t . dry rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t . kosher salt
- 1/2 t . pepper
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach( or 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed)
- 3 – 15 oz . cans white beans
- 4 c . fat free chicken broth
- 1/8 t . cayenne pepper optional
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion until just softened. Add in sausage and garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add in rosemary, bay, salt and pepper, and spinach. Sauté for 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in beans and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with grated Parmesan. Serve alongside a salad and some crusty bread. Serves 4 to 6