We have been having quite a few adventures over here in the middle of the country. School has started back, my catering side business has been picking up and my husband has taken up the accordion.
I’ll just tell you right now it’s hilarious. So, what’s the first song he decided to learn on the weird mutt of an instrument? Moves Like Jagger. “An annoying song for an annoying instrument,” he said. Here, check out the video my daughter took the other day. Oh and enjoy her commentary as well.Click the picture for the video
Being inspired my the musical instrument that is really the platypus of the music world, I came up with these breakfast muffins. Great for a quick and easy school morning breakfast or to just grab on the go. Make them on Sunday and much on them all week!
- 2 c . Self-rising flour
- ¼ c . vegetable shortening
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk more or less
- 2 T sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 T milk
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Pancake syrup to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, cut the shortening into the flour until well combined (the flour should have the consistency of breadcrumbs). Add in sugar, egg and milk and mix until moistened. The batter should look like thick pancake batter. Add more milk if necessary. Set aside.
- For the filling beat the eggs and milk together and divide evenly between each muffin cup. Top each egg cup with 1 T of cheese then with bacon. Fill each muffin cup with a spoonful of batter, dividing evenly between all 12. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve with a side of syrup.
- Tip: Make these the night before and reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast!! Substitute crumbled sausage for something different!
Leave a Reply