How to make stuffed artichokes
Mix together bread crumbs, garlic, cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper.
Stir into ricotta until well combined.
- 4 artichokes or 1 per person
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 2 T lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix together bread crumbs, garlic, cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Stir into ricotta until well combined.
- Wash and trim your artichokes by slicing off the stem and the tops and removing as much of the choke as you can with a spoon..
- After trimming, place in a bowl of water and lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Then, stuff as much of the filling as you can in between the petals and in the center.
- Drizzle with oil and steam in a large pot with a steamer basket for 30 -45 minutes, or until a knife goes through the center with little resistance. Place in a baking sheet, drizzle melted butter over the tops and place under a broiler for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!