Here it is…crunch time. The day after tomorrow is Christmas and the excitement in the air is nearly palpable. The tree is trimmed, the turkey is thawed, the gifts are…
CRAP! GIFTS! I forgot to get a gift for my neighbor/cousin/UPS guy/hairdresser/random person at my door!
I need something quick, something that doesn’t require a trip to a store. Food! I am NOT baking another confection today. A MIX! PERFECT! Mason jar, pretty fabric, clever tag, VOILA!
- 1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 c. chopped pecans these are optional, I didn’t use them I just added more chocolate
- Blend together flour, soda, and salt. Spoon into bottom of wide mouth Mason jar, press down well. Layer on the remaining ingredients in the order given, packing tightly after each layer.
Attach these instructions:
- 2/3 c. butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 t. water
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- Cream together butter, water, and vanilla. Add cookie mix and blend well. Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.
P.S. You can find Gooseberry Patch Books everywhere, even the library. If you can’t find this one and would like this tag for your mix send me an email and I will send it to you friend to friend. Out of respect for Gooseberry Patch, I won’t post it here. 🙂
please email me the tag for the choc chip cookie mix . i do design such things , or anything , on computer yet. and for the spic mixes too like onion mix etc. my daughter is going to love this -will forward the site to her and will go to library soon to see if they have any of those patchwork books you mentioned. thanks .
I would love to. Can you send me your email address? Mine is [email protected]