As my kids have reminded me time and time again, Christmas is nearly here. It’s so close they can smell it. The presents, the lights, the Chocolate!
Nothing is more looked forward to in our house than chocolate. We all crave it on pretty much a daily basis. Which means that we don’t always have a whole lot of chocolate laying around. We have usually eaten it all.
Not requiring a lot of chocolate is one of the many reasons I love this pie. The other reasons are it’s easy and delicious.
You can whip this together just in time for Christmas day dessert.
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1 stick butter
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3 T light corn syrup
9 inch pie shell
Melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat in a saucepan.
Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and corn syrup together well in a seperate bowl.
Combine chocolate and egg mixture, making sure to mix well.
Pour into a pie shell
Southern Fudge Pie
- 2 oz . semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 t . vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 T light corn syrup
- 9 inch pie shell
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat in a saucepan.
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and corn syrup together well in a seperate bowl.
- Combine chocolate and egg mixture, making sure to mix well.
- Pour into a pie shell
- and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 375 oven.