The kids are finally out of school and the final days before Christmas are upon us.
The presents are piled under the tree, the twinkle lights are shining, Melvin the Elf is planning his escape, and the Christmas baking is well under way. Today we will be working on those last minute gifts for all of our friends and neighbors ( and we are fortunate to have so many). On days like this, a quick recipe that won’t take up oven space is a welcome addition and if it is made from peanut butter and chocolate it’s even better!
This is a great recipe to do with your kids. Feel free to substitute almond butter for the peanut butter and white chocolate for the semi-sweet!
Try not to eat them all before you give them away! Merry Christmas everyone!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter or almond butter
- 4 T softened butter divided
- 1 oz – 12 . bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, peanut butter, and 3 tablespoons butter until very well combined. Shape the mixture into 1 – inch size balls and place on a wax paper lined tray. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of butter over a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate, shake off the excess, and return to the wax paper to harden. Repeat with the remaining balls. Store in an airtight container. Makes 2 dozen
- Tip: Make your own double boiler by placing a glass or metal bowl on top of saucepan with 2 inches of water in the bottom. Heat the water until just boiling to create the gentle heat of a double boiler, but don’t let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.