Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos are the tailgate food that we all love and crave. Salty, cheesy and spicy these are the perfect appetizer to cheer on your team!
Some recipes are just universal. Everyone has their own version. Like marinara sauce or biscuits. Who knows who came up with the idea first, but everyone has been putting their own spin on these recipes for as long as I can remember. Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos are no different.
Really, this recipe is more of a reminder that these are great Superbowl food! I mean great!! Nothing goes better with a cold beer than these savory, creamy, spicy little gut bombs. The andouille makes a nice filling but you could use chicken, pork, cocktail smokies, brisket, whatever you have. Whatever you do though, don’t substitute turkey bacon. The bacon gods would probably strike you down instantly. And we couldn’t be friends any more. It’s that serious.
Serve these puppies up with a side of antacids and enjoy!!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- 12 large jalapenos
- 1 package of cream cheese softened, 8oz
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella Monterey jack, cheddar, etc)
- ½ cup of diced Andouille or Smoked Sausage
- 2 t . BBQ seasoning
- 12 slices of thinly sliced bacon cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet and set aside. Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise (latex or rubber gloves are a good idea here). Using a knife or a small spoon remove the seeds and membrane from each jalapeno half and set aside. Continue with the rest of the peppers.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, sausage, and barbecue seasoning until well combined. Fill each half with about a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling. Then, snugly wrap each pepper half with a half slice of bacon and place on the baking rack. Continue with the remaining peppers. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the bacon is nice and crisp. Serve and enjoy!
- Tip: If you have the grill or smoker going, cook these over indirect heat until the bacon is crisp!