Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tuna Panzanella Salad
serves 2 -3 people start to finish: 15 minutes
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 8 oz. about 1/2 loaf of Italian bread cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2-4 T olive oil to your taste
- 2-3 T red wine vinegar to your taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 6oz can tuna in oil, drained and flaked ( tuna in water works fine too)
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 T capers drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Toast bread cubes in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix together remaining ingredients in a large bowl, tossing everything together well. Season with salt and pepper.
Add in bread and toss to coat. Add more oil and vinegar if necessary.
Serve right away or make ahead and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.